Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tenancingo Flying Mid March


Even though the rainy season is just around the corner, the flying in Tenancingo is still great. Two days ago Daniel Miller flew two tandems from La Malinche one at 11:30 am and the other at 2:30 pm, he gained heights to 3200 meters and 2800 meters respectively . Christine and I were in Valle De Bravo two days ago and the commercial side of paragliding is definitely winding down as they did not have enough pilots to drive the truck to El Pinion or Torre. As it turns out I got Montezuma's revenge in Valle de Bravo, first time ever for me and did not fly anyway. So Christine went horse riding with some friends at a world class ranch, the equestrian business is bigger than paragliding in Valle ! It is still flyable in Valle de Bravo except between 12- 3pm (this is when the freight train winds start, perfect for Al the Hammer!)

There is a lot of work being done at the La Malinche, I have been working with Daniel Pedreza, sloping the hill so that it is linear to the prevailing wind, taking out trees and advising the best I can. The launch also has been extended to the left if you are looking south. All the trees for 75 meters to the left except one have been cleared to facilitate a top landing and to accommodate one more paraglider. There is alot of dirt, it is very dusty and what they need is grass. Work is slow as groups of pilots keep showing up, a group of French Pilots are showing up this week.

I flew yesterday late at 5:10 pm, Is was light and soft and was just landing at San Antonio and I hit a glass off. I easily to lifted to 2800 meters for about an hour and boated around Crystal Rey and the town and landed at Insurgentes. Pretty nice I must say.

No comments: