Monday, January 19, 2009

Nicole's Tenancingo Report - Nicole's Blog

Nicole's Tenancingo Report - Nicole's Blog http://www.nicolemclearn.com/ contains her first flight to 12000' and a triangle around the Tenancingo Valley in some strong convergence.

Insert from Nicole's Blog as at Jan 18th:

I caught a nice thermal over launch and it took me to 3000m, which is more than enough for the glide to Tenancingo, especially with a tailwind. It looked like it was converging behind launch, so when I got high enough I flew under the suspected convergence, and yep!, it was indeed. No turns and I kept going up under the grey clouds, headed towards Nevado de Toluca. Hmmm this is pretty easy, I think I'll do a circuit of the Valley. So I flew around the valley for the next hour or so, staying around 3800m, playing with the clouds and seeing what the different valleys had to offer. There are sooo many valleys converging here...the XC possibilities seem endless and you can do triangles and out-and-returns very easily here.

No comments: